Thursday, November 01, 2007

November Begins

. . . and the world is just as crazy, especially here in Hawaii. This ferry business has really confused a lot of people. No one knows who to trust regarding the ecological safety precautions, if they'd been observed or what . . . It's a nice looking boat. It's modern. It looks clean. I hear there are monitors that would help the superferry in steering clear of large sea life, whales in particular.

My stance on this superferry is that it would be great for the islands all around, but the powers that be went about setting this up along shifty lines, bypassing protocols that should have been observed. There were a lot of people who thought they had jobs and lost them. No money making means no employee staff. I'm surprised the CEO hadn't walked out on the islands sooner. I would not have blamed him, nor the investors of this venture.

As a bystander with no clout in this situation, I can only shake my head. Will somebody with some brains take the helm please?

I hear the service will start November 15th. We'll see. I wonder if there will be further demonstrations of violence against fellow islanders using the superferry?

Shameful lot.

No comments: