Tuesday, November 01, 2005

A Holiday Rambling


It's Not Even Thanksgiving Yet and already we are already scrambling to choose which restaurant to hold our “Employee Appreciation Luncheon”. I don’t care what the policy . . . I still like calling it a Christmas party. Merry making is what it’s all about during the Christmas holidays. I have to admit, sometimes I get into the “politically correct” mode, but with Christmas? Come on. Get a grip. Christmas is a real, established holiday. It isn’t like a typical Hallmark holiday now is it? I mean, Grandmother’s Day? Pfffft. Puh-leez!

Shaddup Skip!

Okay, I'll behave . . . getting off track. Anyway, we've come down to just three places to choose from. My original choice didn't come up. I guess most people don't care for Mexican food as a "Christmas" meal . . . hmfph. I settled for Hanaki's, a small restaurant in Manoa that is, I've heard, like Todai's in Waikiki, and the selection is pretty good. I'm game for a new venue. For such a small island, we have a ton of Asian cuisine of which I was raised on.

Today is the last day to choose. Keeping my fingers crossed for Hanaki's.

No comments: